Saturday, May 16, 2009

Natural Black Alpaca Beanies


In my stash I found this lovely natural black alpaca which I firstly spun up with mohair which I had prevoiusly dyed all different colours. picking at random different colours I plied it back with black wool yarn, so beanie "top" has this spun yarn at the band.

Second sample I plied with glitter which I dyed aqua and with an added purple angelina gave it a bit of bling. "middle" has this yarn at the band.







Third sample I plied with glitter I dyed gold to tan. "bottom" has this yarn at the bottom.

I just loved working with this natural black alpaca, I was very happy with the result they are soft and very comfortable to wear. I have a good stash so I'm keen to get out the spinning wheel and see what I can design from my other stash of mohair, glitter, angelina etc. please double click on photo to see more close up detail.

No comments: