Friday, October 2, 2009

Vest With Cables


Finally I have finished my size 14 vest , using grey elastic cotton yarn.
I sort of followed a pattern but it is entirely different.
Especially when you use a different yarn to what a pattern suggests.
I like cables so added a couple down the back and front panels.
I did make a boo boo at the end as the back was the same size as the fronts. I hadnt thought about the back of the neck. I am sure I will remember next time.
Then when I was in the frame of mind it was finished I had to cross my fingers which is hard now that a few are shorter than they used to be. Sew it up and try it on. I am happy with the length and maybe a little wider in the front but its OK.
With my size 14 body under this vest it gives it a little more shape than a coathanger.
I used:- grey elann "esprit Cotton elastic" only 265gms. Washes and doesnt drop when washed. Keeps its shape as I has used it before with headbands as a trial run.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: