Sunday, June 13, 2010

Warm Scarfs


Top Scarf using wool from Nundle Woollen Mills. I loved the colours of a hank of wool I spun up so knitted a length which was to be a scarf. Not knowing how much length I was going to get found it was not long enough so it was back to my spinning wheel to knit more yarn then the memory had to go back to the colours I used. I thought it safe just using two colours and used the royal blue and a green. I then used half my spun yarn on the front and picked up stitch on the back and knitted them the same length. I had spun up another two colours similar to my first section and used that for the fringing. I will take it to Bellingen Market and have it for sale but if no sale I will keep it and hopefully match the green boots I have ordered from WallabyTracks which I hope will be next to us 19th June.
Using Nundle Wool I spun up plenty this time for a scarf. Some how in my plying back I spun it back t he same way I spun it up and I thought I had made a huge mistake. It had so much stretch in it. I went ahead and dyed it Red and Blue.
I was interested to see how it knitted up and to my biggest surprise it knitted up great and using no 10mm needles gives it a lacey look. I dont know if I will do it again and it will work. But I love it and wore it today with my new red boots.
I took the photos outside on a beautiful autumns day and the sun must have caught the lens of the camera.Posted by Picasa

No comments: