Thursday, April 28, 2011

Scarf Exchange 2011

Scarf Exchange 2011 is being organised by the HANDWEAVERS SPINNERS AND DYERS GUILD OF TASMANIA.. theme : Head: Shoulders :Knees
I received 150gms of white Corridale fleece and my instructions stated that I could dye it and the sender would like either Head or Shoulders.
I decided to felt a hat so first I had to dye the fleece Red.
When the time came I had to look for what I was going to embellish it with.
I found in my stash pre-dyed black & pre-dyed red tussah silk. red glitter and some commercial yarn with black red green combined.
After the hat was completed I had some fleece left over so again with the same red/black silk spun up some yarn and knitted one of my scarfettes. It also could be worn as a head band. Now I hope the felted hat when sent by post doesnt end up flat and out of shape. I will have to think of a good way to pack it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: