Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Drum Carder With Spun Yarn

Large drum carder






Mixture of pre dyed fleece
carded and then spun at random
Hanging out to dry.
"click on to see larger scale"
I have only just purchased this Larger size Drum Carded after selling my smaller drum carder.
Now I can fit more on it width wide. It was fun mixing the coloured fleece, that have been left over from my felting garments and accessories. It was a surprise to see how they finally ended up when spun up. This is the best time to add your metalic threads and colour plying yarns from your stash. If you microwave metalic thead when using the dyeing process, it is likely to loose its gold or silver to end up just looking clear. After being spun I wash and then rinse thoroughly, spin dry then dry in the shade. I find these yarns make lovely individual scarves on chunky needles with tassles. Look for these shortly at the Belligen Market.Posted by Picasa

No comments: