Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Scarf Exchange 2008 Western Australia


This is my parcel of Romney Rust fleece I received from The Handweavers, Spinners and Dyers' Guild of Western Australia Inc. 2008.
The lady requested a bag so I am going to wet felt this project.
I have found in my stash of yarns a collection that would suit the theme of the "Outback"


Finally finished this tote bag, also a small purse for credit cards and I was able to spin up a few metres and plied it with brown and gold thread.
The Scarf Exchange has been running for many years, but this is only my third year I have participated in . I have received two beautiful scarfs that I treasure and wear when I can.
This year the ladies of The Handwearers, Spinners and Dyers' Guild of Western Australia Inc.
are organising this huge event. The exchange covers many countries outside Australia.
It is a lovely surprise when we receive our parcel in return for the fleece we sent off early in the year. I wonder what it will be. Keep posted as they say and I will post a photo of it.
You may be confused as an earlier post June 2008 I listed a scarf exchange, however I exchanged that with this parcel due to circumstances too long to explain. Posted by Picasa