Friday, December 26, 2008

Parrots Breakfast

Guess who we spotting this morning feasting on my Sunflowers. About four Australian King Parrots. Two male and two female birds must have spied my sunflowers and thought WOW christmas breakfast. They had a brilliant red breast and a vivid green back. They hung upside down as they do picking the best tasty bits.
One landed on a small sunflower and down it went.
I do love to see the parrots, so I let them have what nature created for them.
My next door neighbour is wanting one for his birds so I had better cut a head off for him or they may miss out. I wonder if they will return tomorrow morning.?
(double click to see how beautiful they are)
The Australian King Parrot, I checked out from "The Clearemont Field Guide to the Birds of Australia"
I love this book and use it identify the birds in my garden.Posted by Picasa

No comments: