Friday, December 26, 2008

Tuber Hybiscus


This looks like a Hybiscus, and is but is called the Tuber Hybiscus because its root is a tuber and shoots up in several stems, instead of a main stems as the common Hybiscus.
One could hardly call a Hybiscus common as it has so many varieties as I am just beginning to learn, since I have regained the gardening bug after putting it aside for my spinning and knitting which I do have, but I needed a change.
The flower only lasts for about a day and folds up, which looks very similar to soft tissue paper.
I just love the brilliant colour of the ruby red and and soft pink.
These plants are deciduous, so will die off during winter. Hopefully they will shoot up again.
I have them in pots so at present I can keep an eye on them. May have to read more information on them.
to keep them growing.Posted by Picasa

No comments: