Monday, September 7, 2009

Hand Spun Yarns


I just love looking at the colour of these multi coloured hanks of yarn.
I guess I am allowed to say it. I used the Cheeses from Nundle so they are more of an even thickness.
I am hoping to find time to knit up a pair of socks, as I am getting enticed with all these socks patterns available as they look so good.
Then this (bottom) photo is of my own spun wool using carded pre-dyed fleece, blending and plying back with matching yarn and some metalic thread
Plus black alpaca with many coloured mohairs randomly spun in.
Also a finely spun up yarn of multi dyed tussah silk in greys to maroon.
If you are thinking what are these Cheeses, refer to earlier post 15th July 09 as I have From Cheese to Yarn. If I have room at the Quilt Show Coffs Harbour I will have them for sale.Posted by Picasa

No comments: