Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Alpaca Drying/Carded

I had this huge bag of Alpaca fleece, so with Marlenes help we took it out to my back yard and had the tediuos task of sorting the spinable from the definately unspinable. The "spinable" was then put into hot soapy water to soak for a few hours, then rinsed. Next day it was sunny so made a platform off the grass with a broken clothers dryer and
a couple of storage boxes. Laid a large remnant of curtain material under and over it to keep it together in case a gust of wind blew it all over the place and birds thinking what a "lovely fluffy nest this will make".

Using a Wild Carder I started to card this beautiful fleece. I have already carded about 200 grams and I still have this huge bag ready to process.
refer earlier Post: Just Shawn AlpacaPosted by Picasa

No comments: