Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rhode Island Reds X New Hamshire Poultry

I went to my local Ag Store and came out with a bag of mixed grain and 7 little day old Rhode Island Reds X New Hamshire Chicks.
I did have two clucky chooks so 3 went under Scruffy and 4 went under Twin No 1. I had to do it when it was dark and they are a little dazed.
I had prepared the nursery into 3 sections. I have already four little Silky X chicks with their mother Twin No 2. they are about 10 days old and still smaller than the day olds. Very active and eating and picking and scratching as their Mum has taught them.
The nursery is only put together with wire, tomato stakes and covered with tarp but I have managed to make it as warm and waterproof as possible. Jilly my little Foxi is very interested. I do have to keep her in my sights as not quite sure what she would do with the chicks.
This hobby of mine is a little break from my hand spinning and hand dyeing but I will get back to it later.Posted by Picasa

No comments: