Friday, October 15, 2010

Hoppy out in the Sunshine

Poor Hoppy has a limp due to a sore claw. I have put her in my cat cage and nighly I bath it in salt water and dust on some antiseptic powder. At least it should not get infected as it may have if she was outside with germs.
She is getting special treatment with food treats. I am not quite sure if her foster Mum is going to take her back time will tell. I have her outside in the sunshine. Her extended family visit her to get some food that I have given her plus extra for all. The silky x are looking like they will have the fluffy head as at first it didnt seem to appear but as they grow bigger it is more noticeable.
The Rhode Island Red X is what hoppy is, are growing and getting their pin feathers. My back yard is alive with not only them but visiting pigeons and the odd Raven.

It is nice to see sunshine after a good two weeks of rain. The chook yard was very muddy underfoot not that they minded extra worms must have been popping their heads up. Wrong if your the worm. It was who could run the fastest would get it. I have taken my knitting outside to sit and to watch them. You forget your problems and get to soothe the inner soul watching them. Who cares about housework. tomorrow will do.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: