Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Making a Felted Knitting Bag


This is the procedure I have to follow when I am making a Hand Felted Bag.
Top: I have layed out 3 layers of colour merino tops.
I then put in my resist in the middle and just above the bottom layer of fleece.
I then fold over the fleece from each side and bottom, I then place a piece of curtain material on top. In a container of warm water and a few drops of detergent. I splash over the fleece and using a plastic bag rub over completely till the fleece is wet and the air removed
Then I flip over and do the same. It is time consuming, but worth the effort.
It is then time to place in a bamboo blind and roll up. Then the fun begins when you have to
roll back and forth, removing "bag" and turn. Roll back and forth continue to a stage not yet felted. Remove resist and turn bag inside out. carefully. Dry moisture out with a towel and let to dry or just damp
Bottom: This is called Prefelt. Now it is ready for my embellishment that are placed on both sides. Novelty yarns, mohair, angelina (bling) commercial yarns.
This procedure is different to earlier photo of knitting bag.
If you read it was knitted up first then throw in the washing machine to felt. (fulled)
We all have our different ways of doing things This is good.
thats how I like it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Home Cottage said...

Kaye! This bag is fabulous and I want one!