Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blue & Purple & Green Hand Felted Bag

Here is my Blue, Purple and Green Felted Bags which I added embellishments of tussah silk fibre, angelina sparkle, commercial yarn, rayon yarn. silk waste.
I have to go into my stash and find the right piece and colour for every bag is a one off and it has to be a special "bag" as I put a lot of thought and hard physical work into each one.
The Blue is a short handle design which folds in each end, just a little different.
The Purple Bag has the short handles but flat which can be used also like the Blue bags, for a knitting bag, or library bag or shopping bag.
The Green Bag has the longer handles and can be worn over the shoulder or tied to make it shorter.
These Hand Felted Bags will be on display at the Coffs Harbour Botanic Gardens, Jan 13th - 20th
Please call in and have a look and I may be in to have a chat with you or one of my great friends of the Coffs Harbour Spinners who also have their lovely garments on display.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

An Aussie Felter said...

Hi Spun-Kaye!

Did you dye that green wool fibre you made your bag from? I love it. Good greens are hard to come by!
Maybe I'll see you at the markets one day.
(Please tell your friend '

An Aussie Felter said...

Sorry, slip of the finger....

Please tell your friend 'Home Cottage Creations' her bread looks fantastic - there didn't appear to be anywhere I could leave a message on her blog. A few years back I lived on acreage with chooks and ducks and a goat which I milked and made cheese. That's the life! I make my own sourdough bread too - haven't made a loaf that looks that good though.