Sunday, November 15, 2009

Trilby and Round Felted Hats


I started out and dyed some yellow fleece using food colour and Landcape Yellow and found that they resulted in two different shades.
So I made one a Trilby and the other a standard popular Round top hat.
Then as I was in the mood and had my felting equipment about me I went and did a Tribly and Round Hat using "natural coloured black sheep fleece" which I had just received and was anxious to get my hands on it.
I had them sitting about for a couple of days so it seemed a good time today to finish the " jazzy up or decoration". Firstly I felted a yellow rope then a yellow with black yarn twisted along the rope. I knew I had some Real snake skin and have been wanting to use it amd found that with a little work I think it looks great on the dark brown Trilby. Some twisted knitted natural brown yarn and black alpaca seemed to suit the Brown Round Hat.
I added autumn coloured feathers to the Round hat and black feathers to the Trilby. Now they are ready to take to Bellingen Market this Sat 21st Nov 09.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: