Saturday, January 22, 2011

Himalayan Cat Fur Spun Up


I was given some of Mittens the Himalayan cat's FUR (by its owner) and asked if I could spin it up for her. I carden it with my 18 micron merino fleece in 50% fleece to 50% fur. I then spun it up on my Babe Spinning Wheel.
I did try to spin it not too thick. In places I just let the fur just be fur and not a blend and at times the Merino just came through. I then plied it back with white pure wool yarn.
Washed it in shampoo and the rinsed in hair conditioner.( as it is special )
I am now hoping the cat owner is happy with it and able to knit a scarf or beanie as a gesture to her beloved cat.
From top to bottom photos " Cat fur and fleece" "Cat fur and merino fleece carded" " Finished spun yarn hanging on the clothes line after being washed " "close up view"Posted by Picasa

No comments: