Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mittens the Himalayan Cat

This is Mittens the beautiful Himalayan Cat. She was rescued and is now living a lovely life with her new caring Mom. Mittens grows extra long soft fur during winter and towards summer it has to be combed regularly so that she won't get fur -balls .
Her Mom has collected the fur and kept it in a bag hoping someone could spin it up. I was given the fur in hoping that I could justice to it.
As previous post you can see the proceedure I had to go through, but I was very happy with the result and so after handing the spun yarn to her, she was too.
The owner "D" gave me money for my effort which I doubled it and sent off to the R.S.P.C.A. Queensland Flood relief appeal. I received a lovely letter back,so hopefully we have a better well fed animal. People who read this please donate to this worthy cause. Especially if You own an animal and know how much pleasure it gives to You. Our animals are very precious and can't turn to Insurance Companies for money. Posted by Picasa

No comments: