Thursday, January 6, 2011

Holee Felted Scarf x 2 (Purples)


These two scarfs may look the same but different in feeling as top one is slightly thicker and less holes. Being that top one I felted more and different fleece.
I used 18 micron predyed merino fleece and added embellishments of glitter,
raw silk thread and mauve rayon thread.

The bottom scarf I was given a small packet of black purple grey merino mixed with pink and orange silk carded together. I just had to make a scarf with it so as after I first laid out the carded fleece and found in my stash embellishments to compliment it. Glitter, angelina, mohair rayon thread was used.
I made more holes it this scarf and as the small packet was given to me by a special friend I am keeping this scarf for myself.
I am taking these scarfs to be on display and also for sale at the Coffs Harbour Botanic Gardens Spinners Exhibition that will be held Jan 21st to 26th.Posted by Picasa

No comments: